A-C Carbamide® supports healthy fluid transfer among tissues.*
- Promotes the healthy formation and excretion of urine
- Promotes healthy fluid levels
- Supports healthy urinary system function
- Promotes healthy cellular fluid levels
- High in antioxidant vitamin C*
How does fluid move in the body?
Water and other fluids pass through cell membranes by a process called osmosis. Like any other bodily process, osmosis depends on a number of related variables in order to function properly and maintain fluid balance. The rate of osmosis depends on concentrations, temperatures, and electrical charges on either side of the cell membrane. Movement across the cell membrane continues until the concentrations on either side of the membrane become equal. Normal, everyday situations like sitting for an extended period of time in an airplane can cause fluid to collect in the foot and ankle area. Other actions like sweating cause fluid loss in tissues.
How does this product support healthy fluid transfer?
In the human body, carbamide, also called urea, is manufactured in the liver during detoxification of ammonia generated from protein metabolism.1Carbamide is released into the blood, passes into the kidneys, and is excreted.2Either carbamide or sodium chloride must be available to encourage water output in the kidneys.3* A-C Carbamide can supplement the body’s own carbamide to ensure a sufficient amount.
How does this product support the healthy regulation of fluid and nitrogen metabolism?
In the body, carbamide (urea) plays a key role in the urinary concentrating mechanism.4 Along with sodium chloride, urea is a major constituent of the osmotic gradient (the difference in concentration between two solutions on either side of a membrane) in the inner medulla of the kidney and helps support healthy formation of urine. Additionally, dietary carbamide (urea), as supplied by A-C Carbamide, has been studied for its value as a source of nitrogen for the body to use.5*
This product contains less than 20 parts per million per the suggested use listed on each product label.
- 1. Pocock G, Richards CD. 2006. Human Physiology: The Basis of Medicine, 3rd ed. Oxford University Press, p. 403.
- 2. PubMed Health. 2012. How does the liver work? View Study.
- 3. Giebisch, G., Windhager, E. 2012. Medical Physiology. Oxford, UK: Elsevier: 835-850.
- 4. Sands JM, Layton HE. 2009. The Physiology of Urinary Concentration: An Update. Semin Nephrol. 29(3): 178–195.
- 5. Gallina DL, Dominguez JM. 1971. Human utilization of urea nitrogen in low calorie diets. J Nutrit. 101:1029-1036.
- 6. See note 4 above.
Why suggest A-C Carbamide for your patients?
- A-C Carbamide contains the key ingredients carbamide and arrowroot flour to support healthy fluid transfer among cells. Carbamide plays a key role in urine concentration to support fluid balance.6 Arrowroot flour contains a mix of complex nutrition for support of mineral digestion.
- A-C Carbamide also supplies vitamins A and C for healthy cell growth and normal repair.*
Whole Food Nutrient Solutions
Since 1929, Standard Process has been the visionary leader in whole food nutrient solutions. We apply systems thinking to holistic nutrition that empowers practitioners to transform lives. Dedicated to the whole food philosophy of our founder, Dr. Royal Lee, our goal is to carry on his mission to provide nutrients for the body that are as close as possible to how they are found in nature.
Our products include foods that are prepared in a way that safeguards their nutritional value. The majority of these ingredients are grown locally on our certified organic farm and may require chopping, dicing, juicing, and/or drying for use in our products. The resulting whole food ingredients are then added to a formula that may include whole food extracts, animal tissue extracts and concentrates, botanicals, whole food isolates, and synthetic ingredients. These highly complex combinations contain a variety of elements designed to trigger trophic effects that support the body’s healthy balance and wellness.*
Suggested Use: Three capsules per day, or as directed.
Special Information: Keep bottle tightly closed. This product absorbs moisture.
|Serving Size: 3 Capsules Servings per Container: 30 or 90|
|Amount per Serving %DV|
|Proprietary Blend: 2,300 mg Carbamide† and arrowroot flour†.|
†Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, water, ascorbic acid, calcium stearate, arabic gum, starch, sucrose (beets), and vitamin A palmitate.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.